Extrawurst UK LTD (“the Company”) is committed to both the protection of the environment and evaluating the impact that the organisation’s services and actions can have.
Compliance with legislation is the minimum standard to which the Company shall adhere. The Company shall also endeavour to follow best practice with due regard for its business needs, in line with the requirements and the expectations of all interested parties. The objectives for the Company under this policy are to:
1. Reduce the carbon footprint of the business.
2. Reduce energy consumption.
3. Minimise the production of all types of waste, especially paper and packaging. Encourage reuse, recycling and the disposal of other waste that cannot be avoided, in a responsible manner.
The leadership team of the Company will be responsible for communicating and implementing this Policy and will ensure that:
1. Employees and contractors are encouraged to be receptive to the personal impact they can have on this policy and to report areas of concern.
2. Training is provided as part of staff development taking into account responsibilities.
3. Efforts are made to minimise logistics by maximising the number of suppliers and systems.
4. Where possible, favour the use of suppliers who are committed to environmental good practice.
5. Pollution is prevented in all forms, especially from redundant or ineffective electrical kitchen equipment.
7. All incidents detrimental to the environment are reported, investigated and action taken to prevent reoccurrence.
The Leadership team of Extrawurst UK LTD are committed to continually improving its performance by regularly reviewing its environmental impacts, and on an annual basis, update this policy in line with the review findings.
11th August 2021.